At some point, many teen boys wonder how their penis compares to other guys. This question is a normal part of development, especially when your body is going through puberty.
At What Age Does Penis Growth Start?
Puberty is a time of several developmental changes. It is also a time when young men experience physical changes like becoming more muscular and getting taller.
Penis growth is a result of hormones in puberty. The penis begins to grow between the ages of 10- 14 and continues to grow till the late teens or early 20s. In addition to this, your testicles also begin to grow larger and pubic hairs start growing.
Is There An Average Penis Size? H3
Your penis will continue to grow for one or two years after you stop growing in height. It is vital to remember that starting puberty later or earlier is in no way related to your eventual penis size.
Many men tend to overestimate the average size of a penis and wrongly believe that they are below average. The average penis size of an erect penis is 14-16 cm (5.5-6.3 inches) in length and 12-13 cm (4-5 inches) in circumference. A penis is not considered small from a medical point of view unless it is under 7.6cm (three inches) when fully erect. Flaccid penis size varies greatly.
Many people stress about the size of the penis, but there is no real ‘normal’ size. And the myth that ‘bigger is better’ is not just true.
Is It Possible To Enlarge Penis Size?
Although you might see guys with smaller or bigger penises than yours, your penis is likely a normal size. Like your height or eye colour, penis size is determined by your genes.
Despite what you might have heard or read, there are no special exercises, supplements or diets that can change your penis size. There are several claims that promise to help you enlarge your penis. However, these are scams and there are no scientifically proven and safe treatments that can give the desired results.
The penis enlargement industry makes use of men’s anxiety and insecurity that they acquire from unrealistic media depictions shown mainly in the pornography industry. The belief that a penis needs to be larger to achive sexual satisfaction is one of the negative effects of pornography.
There is also no particular exercise which could increase the size of the penis. the most talked-about solution is plastic surgery which also has risks attached to it.
In addition to size, guys also are worried about how their penis looks and at many times develop a negative body image disorder. Some might wonder if the skin covering their penis is normal or if it is normal for a penis to hang to the left or right. And you know what? It all is normal!
So, our advice to you will be to not stress it too much on it and to have confidence in yourself.
Myths About Penis Size
There are many myths about penis size that you might have heard. It might cause you to worry, but we are here to clear your doubts.
- Erection ability: There is a difference between the size of your flaccid penis and the size of your erect penis. A relatively small penis can become larger when erect in some cases.
- Sexual satisfaction: Penis size does not actually matter when it comes to the sexual satisfaction of either partner. A bigger penis does not mean greater pleasure.
- Manliness: Penis size is in no way related to the person’s physical abilities, personality traits or masculinity.
- Penis shape: Penises come in all shapes and sizes and should not be absolutely straight. They can curve to the side or upwards, and it is normal.
- Relation between shoe size and penis size: there is absolutely no correlation between your shoe size and penis size.
- Pills to increase penis: There are absolutely no pills or medications that can increase your penis size. The only thing that can increase it is surgery, that too by a fraction.
It is common to feel anxious about your penis size, especially in adolescents. However, these concerns are usually due to the above myths.
As you learn the facts and become more confident in yourself, the concern about your penis size will become a thing of the past.